Monday 25 September 2017

New Year, New Uniform

Hey guys! It's Monday and for me, the first day back after summer! My school got a new uniform this year. It's all green, mum says I look smart but I think I look like a walking bogey!
I didn't want to be late on my first day though, so I headed out to the bus stop to catch the bus.
As I skipped down the road to the bus stop, I saw Olive all dressed up and ready for school too. I'm glad that I'm not the only kid in the area anymore, waiting at the bus stop alone used to be so boring!
Once she caught my eyes we laughed, almost as if we could read each others minds and see our less than happy thoughts on the new attire. She waved me over.
Olive told me that she thought I looked great, I looked at her wide eyed with eyebrows raised and we laughed again. She suited the colour more than me, but insisted that school uniforms never look good on anyone.
We chatted and laughed and caught up as we waited. Once we got impatient we took turns keeping watch to hail down the bus if it arrived. At this rate we were going to be late anyway!
See you after school!

No comments:

Post a Comment