Thursday 12 October 2017

Belated Birthday Surprise!

Heyo! You'll never guess what I found out at school today! Apparently, Otto's birthday was over the summer; she even had a huge party! Olive and I didn't get to go because we were both on holiday. I was so upset that I missed it, but I was even more upset that I didn't get to give Ottile a present.
So, I came up with a plan! I had Olive meet me after school and told her my plan...
...then we got some supplies...
...and taa daaa! We did some drawings for her! The walls in her bedroom are very bare, so I thought she'd love to have something to hang up.
 
We walked the distance to Otto's house and her mother let us in. I made sure that we were both super quiet and then I pushed open the door and yelled "surprise!"
Ottile looked up from her book in shock, "Hey guys!", she said giggling nervously.
We explained that we were sorry we both missed her birthday, so we drew her some pictures to decorate her room.
"Oh," She said "I actually got a poster for my birthday, so my walls aren't bare anymore!"
"Uhh, we didn't know that." said Olive looking at me with worried eyes and flushed cheeks. Ottile laughed, "No worries!" she reassured taking the gifts and sticking them up next to her bookshelf.
She stepped back, "What do you think?" 
Olive smiled and I told her they looked perfect. "Thank you so much guys!" She said, pulling us all in to a group hug.
Happy (belated) Birthday Otto! Bye guys!

3 comments:

  1. Aww love those drawings! Also that book collection is awesome! How did you make it? ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The books took forever!
      I used this method to make origami pages:
      https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=origami+book&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdtI-Wj_rWAhUBgRoKHeb8A70Q_AUIDCgD&biw=1517&bih=735#imgrc=RUQbZN4rNBi1EM:
      Then I stacked a few of them for different thicknesses and measured paper to fit around the outside for the cover. Next I decorated the covers with titles and blurbs, author names, etc and glued the pages to the "spine" of the cover!

      Delete
    2. Haha wow!! So impressed with them and your patient! I'll have to make some ❤

      Delete