Tuesday 31 October 2017

Halloween Party!

HelloOOooOOo! Happy Halloween! It took a LOT of begging, but mum let me have a Halloween party, which is great because Halloween isn't really a big thing where I live. I wouldn't have even dressed up otherwise! Can you guess who I am? It's a bit of a stretch because it was so last minute, but I'll tell you at the end of the post!
My room is fairly small, so mum let me have the party in the living room, but I didn't think it looked spooky enough, so I ran to grab some decorations and set them down on the coffee table.
I started off putting some pop-up ghosts by the fireplace ...
...as well as some hiding behind the sofa; ...
...I placed a glittery spider web on the mantel, ... 
...hung up a "TRICK OR TREAT" banner ...
...and finished with a smattering of hand drawn bats across the back wall.
Just then, I heard a knock at the door and I rushed to the kitchen to get the snacks before anyone arrived.
I baked some last minute double dark chocolate chip cookies this morning, I didn't have any other snacks so hopefully my friends would enjoy them.
The second I placed down the cookies I heard someone walk into the room behind me, it was Olive! Or should I say, it was a pink frosted doughnut!
Olive's costume was perfect for her, lovely and sweet! I told her this and she laughed, she complemented my decorating skills (especially my banner) in return.
We were so busy trying to out-compliment each other that we didn't hear Ottile arrive, she snuck up behind us and shouted "Raah!"
Olive jumped behind me as Otto giggled and apologised. She said she guessed she should be saying "Hoot" instead of "Raah" seeing as...
...she came dressed as an owl! I loved her costume, it suited her very much.
I left my two friends as they debated whether owls say "Hoot" or "Twit-Twoo" so I could run up to my room and grab my laptop. Once I was back we all sat down on the couch to watch a movie.
I wanted to do a whole movie marathon but mum wouldn't let the girls sleep over and didn't want them getting home too late, so one movie would have to do and then the party would have to end. Nevertheless, I'd say it was a very successful Halloween!
BOO! Uh... I mean bye! Hehe, by the way, I was Molly McIntire the American Girl doll!

3 comments:

  1. Omgosh those costumes are the most amazing costumes ever! Absolutely love them, ah I cannot express how cool they are! Just all the details are amazing! Also please do a tour of the living room, it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I loved making the owl costume ! I managed to get the living room finished just in time for Halloween, so now it's done you will definitely get to see more of it.

      Delete
    2. Yes it is so cool! You so good at making doll clothes. Ooo yay, exciting!

      Delete